Prostate Artery Embolization
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is found in one in four men by the age of 55. This condition is characterized by an enlarged prostate that grows against the urethra, causing difficulties during urination.
Some of the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia include:
- The frequent urge to urinate
- Difficulty starting to urinate
- The urgent need to urinate frequently at night (nocturnia)
- Inability to completely void the bladder
- Dribbling after urination
- Weak urine stream
Some other symptoms can include blood in urine, urinary tract infection, or the inability to urinate if the condition is left untreated.
If you’re searching for qualified vascular surgeons in Elgin, our vascular specialists are here to help. At the RJIR Vascular & Oncology center, we can help you manage these symptoms and discuss possible treatment plans for your condition.
We take pride in our comprehensive treatment plans and have specialized knowledge about BPH treatments including prostate artery embolization treatment.
Prostate artery embolization treatment is a minimally invasive technique that blocks the blood flow going to the prostate, which causes it to shrink. During this procedure, our expert radiologists use X-ray imaging for the accurate targeted delivery of the prostate artery embolization treatment.
Our vascular surgeons are extensively trained in image-guided procedures.
You should consider having prostatic artery embolization if:
- You are experiencing urinary incontinence – ranging from minor leaking to the complete loss of bladder control
- You have increased urinary frequency and feel pain while urinating
- Experience irritation when trying to empty your bladder
Book an online consultation with our experts today and let’s discuss your treatment options.
We strive to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients by evaluating and treating a wide range of conditions with the most up-to-date minimally invasive approaches using imaging for guidance.
- Prostate artery embolization: lower urinary tract symptoms caused by a Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Varicocele embolization:divert blood flow away from a varicocele and relieve pain and swelling, and may improve sperm quality.
we are always here to help
Get Some Advice?
We treat people, not just their illnesses
Each individual is unique, and we are aware that treatment is simply one part of what they need. At any time, our team is available to assist, inform, and reassure you as needed.